- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 1-cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a good-sized sauté or fry pan, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and heat over low heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Add the banana liqueur and stir. Add the bananas and cook until they start to soften and begin to brown. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add the rum. Return the pan to the stove and tip it slightly towards the flame to ignite the rum. Cook until the rum is hot, about two minutes. This will burn off all the alcohol and leave the rum flavor. Pour over a bowl of vanilla ice cream and enjoy.
- When cooking with alcohol and open flames, always add your alcohol into the pan away from the flames.
- Instead of tipping the pan to ignite the rum, use a BBQ lighter. This is safer and will prevent any spills from occurring.